Tabs

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Leeds City Blog - A belated introduction


Displaying 201403061959.PNG

A few days ago I started the #HappyInLeeds challenge, which is based on 100 Days of Happiness, with the aim to encourage the people of Leeds to share what makes them happy. You can read all about the background in #100 Days of Happiness in Leeds. 


Today is Day5 of the #HappyInLeeds challenge and one thing that always makes me happy is this blog. I have only set it up in October 2013 and truth be told, everything has been a little hectic and I didn't actually have a lot of time to write. But nevertheless the people I have met through this blog so far have been an inspiration and reflect the local talent in the area.

I have never actually introduced myself or spoken about why I am writing this blog, so here we go. My name is Maria and I moved to Leeds 4.5 years ago to study and have felt at home in Leeds and Yorkshire ever since. I'm a native German, which meant certain things were never meant to be easy, but the people I met on my journey have always been welcoming. Almost 5 years down the line and I feel very much a part of the local community. I love living here and believe it is important to support local businesses and strengthen the community. In a nutshell...this is why Leeds City Blog was born.

You can share your thoughts and feedback with me on

Twitter: @LeedsCityBlog
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leedscityblog
Instagram: @leedscityblog





No comments:

Post a Comment